Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Let's All Blog (along with my own blog)

RANT:  Come on people!  Outside of a few contestants, nobody (and I mean NOBODY) is posting any blogs.  If we are going to take this challenge seriously and help each other, you need to blog.  Not necessarily every day, but at least once in a while. (end of rant)

I'm happy to say, my dear and supportive girlfriend is jumping on the bandwagon.  I like to run.  She likes to swim, so she goes to the YMCA every day while I hit the treadmill in the gym at work.  She's on board (or overboard as the case may be) with my healthy eating plan.  Yesterday, she found a nice grilled fish taco recipe.  It was tilapia with a basil / lime marinade, which I cooked 2 minutes per side on a screaming-hot grill pan.  The pan has a ribbed, not flat bottom, so it gives killer grill marks to the food , just like my outdoor grill does.  She also made salsa with tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, corn, avocado, and cilantro.  The tacos were assembled with the fish cut in strips, shredded lettuce, salsa, and a few drops of sriracha sauce for some zing - all stuffed in a whole grain wrap.  No sour cream, no cheese.  (READ: no fat)

We also had plain black beans as a side instead of a heavy carb.  The beans alone were somewhat bland, but the salsa and sriracha sauce made up for it.

We ate at about 7pm.  I was gastronomically content for the rest of the evening, then went to bed at 10pm to get a good night's rest.

MY PROGRESS SO FAR:  As one of the few other bloggers mentioned, and I agree, the first weigh-in included about 2.5 lbs of jeans, not body weight.  Just by virtue of my "on-the-way-into-the-shower" weigh-in every morning, I was immediately a few pounds lighter.  So far, I have lost 9.6 lbs compared to the heavy jean weigh-in, but realistically more like 6 or 7 due to the clothes-weight "freebie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home