Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Passed the Next Tough Obstacle: Bowling Night with the Boys

Last night, my treadmill plans went down the drain.  I was really looking forward to a hard workout, since Wednesday is my bowling night, but I had the night off.  We have a seven-man team, so we each get a couple of weeks off every several weeks.  I was scheduled off this week, but filled in at the last minute for one of my teammates who was ill.

Bowling was not as tough as I thought.  The passing up the beer part, not the actual bowling part.  I drank a couple of cups of water instead.  Another thing I passed on was meeting my team at Cleats before bowling for beer and chicken wings.  Instead, I went to the bowling alley early and ordered a new ball.

The fate of bowling instead of a real workout may have been my body doing some talking, since I have been pushing myself four days straight.  I got home around 10pm after bowling, was dog-tired and went straight to bed.

This morning I will hit the treadmill HARD - at least 4 miles but maybe as many as 6 if I feel good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home