Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Farewell Tour

This Lighten Up thing is getting to be too much fun.  I can see all the hard work really paying off.  Smooth sailing ahead.

That brings me to the title of today's blog.  The title has nothing to do with ME.  It is entirely about my CLOTHES.

Except for a new belt my girlfriend bought me recently, I am using the innermost notch of every belt I own.

My pants are starting to look ridiculously loose.  Like in an MC Hammer video.

Shirts that fit tight at the start of the contest are fitting nicely now, or perhaps even looking a little loose.

My ring practically falls off of my finger and will need to be re-sized.

Last summer, I bought two new suits for the weddings of my girlfriend's son and her nephew.  (Those were two separate weddings.)   Soon, those suits will need to be altered - big time, if that is even possible.  Maybe they can make a third suit out of the excess material.

It is the start of the Farewell Tour of My Clothes.

After each time I wear something that looks loose, off it goes into the Goodwill hamper.  Little by little, I will start to buy new clothes, but they will no longer be from Omar the Tent Maker.

Soon, it will be time to work on the rough draft of my latest blog: "Hello, Speedo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home