Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Energy Galore

As this program falls into place, I am feeling the immense benefits every day.

Yesterday, after 90 minutes on the treadmill - almost 6.5 miles because I ran a couple of 1/4 mile intervals in addition to my brisk walk - I went home and had a light dinner.  I don't have a big appetite late in the day because I "graze" all day on fruit, veggies and other healthy snacks - all before my 5 o'clock workout.

Dinner was nothing more than baked spaghetti squash, treated like "regular" spaghetti and served with a homemade, healthy marinara sauce.  (I still went light on the sauce)

Once dinner was over, a surge of energy hit me.  I packed up the balance of the triple-batch of marinara into one quart containers - eight quarts total!  I straightened up the kitchen, did the dishes, and did four loads of laundry.  No complaints from my poor, dear girlfriend who went to bed early.  Work has been making her exhausted.

I was keyed up until after 11 pm, all without any caffeine or other stimulant.  Not even an energy drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home