Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Boring ZZZZZ

As I mentioned in my last blog, my plan for awhile is to be consistent and patient.  (Read: BORING)  At least eight miles on the treadmill most days, Boot Camp Saturdays, mall walk Sundays - all sandwiched in between healthy eating.  Get to 180 pounds and the running begins.  I'm too old to get injured by pushing it.

Lately, when I'm doing my miles on the treadmill, my mind starts to wander.  I visualize my angel-self on one shoulder complimenting me on my patience.  On my other shoulder are two people: my devil-self telling me to push it HARD and Jessica, who runs the 8am LEAN Living Boot Camp who suggests that I add more intensity to my workout for faster results.  (In Jessica's defense, she's no devil.  She just doesn't know how heavy I am - about 12 to 15 pounds too heavy to run very well.)

I have been true to what my angel-self says, upholding the voice of reason and avoiding the temptation of pushing too hard, too soon.  There's a lotta game left to go here.  I want to be the skinniest guy on the scale at the very end, not the lame horse they shoot and send to the glue factory.

My progress so far:

26 days
18 pounds lost (8.47% of total body weight)
14.6 pounds to lose before start of distance training (running)
137.25 miles toward 1,000 mile goal
34.5 hours in the gym

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home