Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Mix it Up

Time for some cross-training this weekend.  After working my way up to 8 miles a day on the treadmill for several days in a row, it is time to mix things up a bit.  Sprinkle of Boot Camp.  Perhaps some weight training.  This weekend, I still need to stick to the walking and occasional run/walk or I'll miss my 1,000 mile goal.

Failure isn't an option.  Not only that, I've grown to look forward to my time in the gym at the end of the work day.

Eating has been the easy part.  Keep it healthy and it is amazing how many 100 to 200 calorie foods you can graze on all day.  Haven't been hungry yet.

My progress so far:

13.8 pounds lost (includes heavy initial weigh-in with clothes) realistically 11 pounds
60.35 miles towards my 1,000 mile goal
22 hours spent in the gym
2 belt notches (now traveling on uncharted territory of leather)

Not bad for 2 weeks.

Hope to see some of you at the mall over the weekend for the morning walks.  The route I take passes Victoria's Secret three times each lap and the food court twice. (just kidding)

I also hope to see you all at Cabanas on Tuesday.  My plan is to stop in after my workout - probably around 8 pm.  I plan to sit at the bar and for two good reasons:  (1) no server will be able to run me enough water to my table to keep up with my thirst, but a bartender is within close reach, and (2) I just may reward myself at the end of my meal with a relatively low calorie adult beverage - red wine (25 calories per ounce).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home