Blogs > Lighten Up With Jim

55-year-old James Horejs, of Mentor, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Eating Out (but Healthy)

I'm going to ignore my short-lived Wednesday/Sunday blog schedule and throw in an extra one, just because I think this problem hits home to many of us.  The problem:  Eating out, but keeping it healthy.

Last night, for Valentine's Day, my girlfriend and I decided to eat at Aladdin's Eatery on Mentor Avenue in front of Heinen's.

My girlfriend has always been an advocate of the healthiness of Middle Eastern cuisine.  As usual, she was right.  The menu listed many healthy choices, including vegan and vegetarian selections.  I sounded like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" when I ordered: "Hold the feta cheese, dressing on the side..."  We left there content from the amounts and everything was healthy and fresh tasting.

Now my healthy short-list of places to eat out includes Cabanas (of course), Subway (great for lunch or bowling night), and now Aladdin's, which has several Cleveland-area locations in addition to Mentor.  I will also keep Middle Eastern restaurants on my radar next time I travel since every city seems to have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home